UIS Mains Breaking Attachment
In what is proven to be one of the most dangerous tasks in utility replacement works, UIS have designed and developed an advanced innovation product that aids the process of removing a section of existing pipe without the health and safety risks associated with using a sledge hammer, breaking bar or other impact type equipment
Mains Breaking Attachment Description
In what is proven to be one of the most dangerous tasks in utility replacement works, UIS have designed and developed an advanced innovation product that aids the process of removing a section of existing pipe, without the health and safety risks associated with using a sledge hammer, Podger breaking bar or other impact type equipment.
The use of the UIS MBA™ Range eradicates all associated hazards and risks that are currently being encountered on a daily basis by the client when using the current methods, creating a safer working environment and allowing for a more controlled breakout operation. In addition to the UIS MBA™ Range improving safety of the operation for the client, it also increases productivity as the operation can be complete much quicker and repeated numerous times. The design and operation of the MBA allows a safer and quicker alternative that also reduces likelihood of accidental damage to third party plant and more compliance with HSG 47.
Key Design Feature:
The unique `C Clamp’ design on the UIS MBA™ Range makes it a much safer and compliant design for the breaking out of existing carrier mains. Unlike some of the other breaking / crushing machines on the market currently, the UIS MBA™ Range works based on a simple `C Clamp’ system which allows for a more controlled breaking process, as it applies the impact pressure from the top of the metallic main and not from the sides. This reduced the risk of a sporadic breaking out process, which could result in shattered fragments dispersing in an uncontrolled manner, which is caused when using the scissor type action as the other crushing machines currently use. Using a scissor type method will increase the likelihood of fragmented pieces of metallic mains projecting upwards and presenting additional risks of personal injury and damage to apparatus within the excavation.
The main purpose of the `C Clamp’ design is that the existing carrier main is positioned within the `C’ hook which will make sure all operative using it will have to fully expose the main correctly (above, around and underneath), and are confident that there are no hazardous dangers in close proximity (i.e. no cables / apparatus to the side / underneath). Other products currently on the market advertise that you do not need to fully expose around the main to operate, which could lead to serious injury and general non-compliance with HSG 47. Cables / apparatus have historically been found to be in unexpected positions (underneath / to the side) of other apparatus such as gas mains in which is the foremost reason for the UIS MBA design is to fully expose the area to be broken to assure safety and minimise any disruption.
- Simple to operate – No special labour required.
- Can safely handle products from 2 inch up to 12 inch in diameter.
- Durable, robust and made to withstand harsh environments and conditions.
- HSG 47 compliant via the `C Clamp’ system design that reduces likelihood of accidental damage to third party plant and systems.
- Significantly reduces the risks and possibility of injuries caused through breaking out of existing carrier main.
- Versatile – The Mini & Mid MBA™ Range is powered through an external power supply and can be operated manually, Via a Hydraulic hand pump.
- The Mid & Max MBA™ Range models are attachments that fit onto an excavator, and are hydraulically operated inside the safety of the cab.
- Multi-adaptable to suit most excavators.
- Eradicates the need to enter excavations.
- Rapid set up.