UIS Level Head Attachment
Since the introduction of pipe coil technology there have been a number of serious personal injuries/near misses associated with the handling and manipulation of coiled pipe during insertion activities. One of the major situations where difficulty can be encountered whilst pushing, inserting and winching pipe is when the new main enters an open service or connection excavation pit. With the PE pipe being coiled, it has an innate elasticity which tends to result in the pipe naturally springing upwards on entry into the ‘free air’. The UIS Level Head™ Attachment resolves the problem with ease and is simple to install.
The UIS Level Head™ attachment is an approximately 0.6 meter long, weighted section of recycled plastic that is available in all commonly used diameter ranges that enables a safer, more compliant and sustainable process allowing a smoother insertion operation.
- It can be installed on to the lead end of coiled pipe within 2 minutes
- It is a low cost and very effective product
- It has a simple design, is simple to install and requires no special training
- It is manufactured from recycled plastics.
- It improves sustainability by reducing the overall P.E. wastage and associated site time.
- It significantly reduces the innate stored energy contained in the lead end of coiled pipe
- It eliminates the need for operatives to enter excavations to manipulate pipe through to the next host section of main due to the containment of the pipe’s natural energy in the end section.
- It enables the easier and safer handling of coiled pipe on surface in the preparation work of getting the coiled pipe from the coil from trailer to host main
- It significantly reduces the potential wall damage to the inserted pipe due to friction and interaction of the liner pipe with the inner surface of the host main and ensuring the cleanliness of the pipe
- It may be utilised with and have same beneficial effects during traditional winching activities.
- The UIS Level Head™ has more enhanced protection, eliminating cut back and wastage in preparation for connections
- It reduces overall tension and resistance encountered during insertion operations.
- It is available with a Front Clearing Brush to help remove fragments of broken materials from within the host main.